In the fall of 1907, a small group of people gathered under the trees at Belmont Avenue and DuPont Road and held a Sunday School. From that beginning, a society was formed for the purpose of establishing a church in Richardson Park. On August 15, 1908, the cornerstone for the first Richardson Park Methodist Chruch was laid at Glenrich Avenue and Eureka Street.
seventeen years we outgrew our first building, and in 1925 work began on the first section of the building which we now occupy. Shortly after the completion of the building, we nearly lost it due to the financial crisis of that period; but the members stuck together and somehow managed to pay the mortgage.
continued to grow, and in 1950 ground was broken for the sanctuary where we now worship in an atmosphere of beauty and inspiration.
have been many changes since that first small meeting under the trees in 1907; but the unwavering faith of those who went before us, who dared the future, has remained down through the years -- passed on from the old to the young. Today we have a great heritage from the past; and, like the men and women who founded and build this fellowship, we too must look to the future.
welcome and offer to all the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the living body of Jesus Christ, which is the Christian Church.